Holiday Gifts I Gave and Received 2020



 

    Hello! I hope you had a very happy holiday season! I know that it game me a time to recharge. Today I hope you enjoy this post about holiday gifts I gave and received. This can also be used to get gift ideas going forward. Also, reference THIS LINK for the Art Lovers' Holiday Gift Guide 2020.  

BOOKS: 

    I got a number of books this year, and I also gifted a few. 

  1. The 99% Invisible City

            I gifted this book to a family member this year. I have read parts of this book. I absolutely love it! This book is a field guide to urbanistic cites, both functional and aesthetic.

      2.  Women in Art

            This is a book that I received. While I have not read it yet, it has been on my art history TBR list for a long time. I am so excited to read this one!!

      3. Abstract Expressionism 

            I have mentioned the Taschen reference books before on Art History: On Display. I did ask for these, and I am so very glad I got them. If you know an art history buff, these are a wonderful gift. They have one in almost every movement and artist. 

       4. From A to Eames

            I have done a bit of speaking about Eames before (in THIS post, they are in the slideshow). This book goes alphabetically through Mid-Century Modern artists and vocabulary. Though the name is a bit misleading, it is not all about Eames. There is a small section about their work.


GAMES: 

    While I have only gotten a few, they have been very fun!!

        1. ArtSmart Card Game

                I received this game and have already played it many times! It was made by The Art Institute of Chicago. I highly recommend this game for all ages. It is fun and educational to all. 

        2. Old Masters Memory Game

                Again I have already played this game along with my family. This a game is a bit more challenging that the above, but it is still fun. It includes masters like Caravaggio, Gentileschi, Durer, and Titan. 

ART SUPPLIES: 

    I received a set of art supplies this Christmas, and I am so excited to try all of them out. 

  1. Prismacolor Color Pencils
  2. Prismacolor Weighted Graphite Drawing Pencils
  3. 10 Well Round Mixing Palette 
  4. Portfolio Series Watersoluble Oil Pastels
  5. Savoir Faire Opaque Watercolor Gouache
  6. Soft Pastel Half Length Sticks - Box of 24
  7. General's Jumbo Charcoal
  8. 1 in. Flat Chip Brush
  9. Staedtler Mars Eraser
  10. Princeton Artist Brush, Set 9153 6-Pc Gold Taklon
  11. Modge Podge
  12. 14in. Quick View Carrying Case
  13. Strathmore 462-111 400 Series Mixed Media Pad

CLOTHING ETC: 

    I got lots of clothing items, but there are also a few gifts I received that fit into no section.

   1. Met Campus Champion Sweatshirt

           I have already worn this sweatshirt. I love it so far! As I am writing this post, I am wearing it!

    2. Met Campus Long-Sleeve Tee

        While I have not worn it yet, I am looking forward to it! This item was on my list, and it should be on yours too. 

    3. Met Facade Women's Tee

        This is probably one of my favorite gifts that I got this year!

    4. Museum Favorites 100 Postcards

        I love these! These postcards are so cool, and I will soon be using them!

Comment below what you gifted or received over the holidays!!


 


            


No comments

Post a Comment

© Art History: On Display • Theme by Maira G.