Art History Apps

     In a world that is dominated by technology, more and more information is found on electronics. I have an entire folder of apps on my phone for art history related content. 



These are my favorite art history apps for iPhones, iPads, and other smart devices!

* Disclaimer: All are suitable for children *



    
    The DailyArt app provides a new artwork spotlight everyday with a historical description. See example below. 

   This is the example of today's Daily Art work and decription. If you go to the DailyArt website, which is linked in the title, you can sign up  for the newsletter. You will also find more info about the DailyArt magizine. 




    I have only recenly downloaded this app, but from what I've seen so far, I love it. Once opened, the home page will have featured artworks. You can also search artists, works and movements. This is very helpful also if you are looking for an image. I would highly reccommend this app. 


Google Arts and Culture:

    I have written about this app before. For more information, visit here

New graphic identity system designed by New York-based Order for MoMA

MoMA:

    I have also talked a bit about this museum in the Guide to New York City post. The app provides an audio for each work that they have in the museum. 



Above is an example with Campbell's Soup Cans. You can listen to the history and explination of any work at the Museum of Modern Art. 



    This app is very similar to the MoMA app. It does virtually the same thing.




    This app has multiple functions for the user. You can view, buy, bid, and learn about art of all time periods and from so many artists. There are originals and replicas of art works. I love this app and use it all the time.


There are many other art history apps out there, but these are my favorites. Do you have any favorites?







    



No comments

Post a Comment

© Art History: On Display • Theme by Maira G.